Trainees will be expected to complete:
(1) Either (1*) two quarters of NEUSCI 301 Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience and 302 Systems and Behavioral Neuroscience OR (2*) BIOL130 Introduction to Neuroscience. If not in the NEUSCI major but completing the NEUSCI301/2 sequence, laboratory participation is required for NEUSCI 301 only and will be undertaken in a separate section with distinct data analysis.
(2) AMATH 342: Introduction to Neuronal Coding and Computation. Covering mathematical approaches to neuronal excitability, networks and concepts of neural coding. Alternating seminar/workshop in programming for neuroscience.
(3) NEURO 545, Quantitative Methods in Neuroscience.
(4) At least one quarter of NEUSCI 450 Journal Club in Computational Neuroscience or AMATH 500 Theoretical Neuroscience Journal Club.
(5) At least three quarters of mentored research in a laboratory of participating faculty.
(6) Presentation of research at the yearly Computational Neuroscience Connection.